Friday, September 26, 2008

Missing IF

I miss her...bad. I think of her every moment...I'm tired of waiting for a piece of paper...tired of a piece of paper keeping me from my girl. I wish we were rich-I'd be in Guatemala next week! Oh to hold my precious girl again! My arms ache longing for her to fill them again. I need to smell her and feel her chubby cheek against mine. I need to put or foreheads together and giggle! I need to hear her laugh. I don't want to wait a moment longer-yet I have no choice. My chest feels like there's a thousand pound weight sitting right on it. 13 months...13 anguishing months... I am so tired. I miss her so much. Her room, so full of pink, is yet so empty. This house is so empty. My heart is so empty.
Lord, fill my heart with happy expectation. Help me find the joy in this journey. Ease the pain of my empty arms. Make my memories of my visits with my sweet girl so real, so fresh. Give me strength to wait.

3 comments:

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Beth,
Oh how my heart feels your pain. I'm praying that the birth certificate comes really soon.
Becky & Tabitha

Carr Family said...

Precious Beth,

There really aren't many words that I can give to bring you comfort. But I know the Great Comforter and He knows you. Praying He will somehow comfort your heart today. Call me if you need to, I'm here!

Love you so much...

Anonymous said...

Beth,
If I had the money to give I would send you back to stay until sweet girl is FOREVER home. Sadly, I don't the only thing I have to offer is my prayer. Praying that God brings IF home soon and comforts you during this hard time.
God Bless,
Kelly