Thursday, September 25, 2008

He is there!

This is a devotion by Kate Gosselin of Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC. It comes off the family's website, http://www.sixgosselins.com/.

Psalm 139: 9-10 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

This verse reminds me of the vastness of God. I tell my kids all the time how God is everywhere but to read this verse, it just reminds me how amazing He is! So often as we travel more and more, I feel here, there and everywhere! Although I absolutely love traveling, sometimes the thought crosses my mind 'does God know I am here?' And sometimes I almost forget my own name in the process.... But God is reminding me that no matter where I go or where I wake up, He is there.... Just the same as He was yesterday, today and will be tomorrow.... Wherever I am then! Thank you Lord for your omnipresence! Thank you that you are available to me wherever I am!

When I read this I just kept thinking: God is in Guatemala. He knows IF and Giovanni and Lauren D. and Lauren F. and Ben and Mya Elizabeth and the 3 J's and Sophia Hope and the other children are still waiting in Guatemala. No matter where they wake up, He is there! It's so hard to be seperate from IF but I take comfort in knowing that HE IS THERE with her, loving and protecting her and sweet Nana Janeth and her family every moment. Thank goodness...they're in good hands!

Love you guys!

No comments: