Friday, September 19, 2008

FFF-Hope

This week's Favorite Foto Friday theme is hope. HOPE!

As soon as I read the theme (found on Sarah's blog kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com) this picture came to mind. It's from my 2nd visit trip when I visited for Mother's Day! It's me and sweet girl being, as my girlfriends and I said in middle school in the early 90's BFF's-best friend's forever) hanging out in our pj's eating Pizza Hut bread sticks!
I think the thing I look most forward to when Isabella Faye comes home is being her friend! Now, I know that ultimately I am her parent and have to evoke respect and discipline when needed, so don't panic when I say friend. A good parent can raise their child in such a way that they are the dearest of friends.
I can't wait for sweet girl and I to Christmas shop, to go to Cracker Barrel, to clean house (okay, so I'll clean-she'll mess!) I can't wait to cook supper with her in her highchair throwing cheerios at me!
I have HOPE in my great God who loves my daughter more than I can begin to comprehend-and loves me just the same-that this perfect child will be with me as I shop and clean and cook and play, wrestle, swim, race, stroll, worship, pray, live and love. I have HOPE in my great God that someday she'll gush to me about her first boyfriend, call me crying and laughing so hard I can barely understand that she's just gotten engaged, that we'll pick out her wedding dress together, that I'll hold her daughter in my arms, some day. I have HOPE because my great God is seated firmly on the THRONE, holds all power over all things-but yields His power only, always in LOVE.
As you glance at this picture, what you won't see, but I promise you is there, is my great God, with His arms safely around our shoulders.

Some lyrics from Chris Tomlin's How Great is Our God

how great is our God...sing with me

how great is our God...all will see

how great, how great is our God!

Name above all names,

worthy of all praise!

My heart will sing how Great is our God!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post!
Congrats on getting out of PGN! Your daughter is very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Boyfriend, engaged, wedding, shopping...
Those were some of thoughts that made my chest feel tight when we learned that we were having a girl. I'm not ready for it yet, but thankfully I have about 25 more years before I have to worry about those things, right?

Debbie said...

I hope she is home soon! She is gorgeous!! Heidy has been home over 2 years and somedays I look at her still and think, God really gave you to me, I'm not dreaming!!!

Debbie

Pineapple Princess said...

Your daughter is so beautiful!
Praying with you for her quick homecoming!!!

Aileen said...

Your daughter is such a sweetie. I hope that your birth certificate will be issued very soon so you can go bring her home!

Anonymous said...

You are thinking of all the good things to come! Keep thinking them! She is so precious!

Robyn said...

What a beautiful pic!! I pray she's home soon!!

Robyn