Sunday, October 12, 2008

JL222222

I had the complete pleasure of chatting with Nana Janeth on Friday night, via Instant Messenger. Oh, I think IM is a gift from God. It was so nice to be able to talk live with Nana and occasionally Isabella Faye!

I learned many things about my sweet girl. I thought I'd share a few!

1. She loves bananas and eats 2-3 A DAY! John eats one to two a day, which means I'm gonna be buying a minimum of 21 to possibly 35 bananas a week! Well, they're cheap and healthy so I can't complain!

2. Speaking of eating, she eats everything! Like Mommy, she loves chicken, and she loves eggs. That's great considering Daddy and Papaw run a small chicken farm. Okay, that made me giggle, chicken farm? Maybe chicken operation? The point it the eggs are plentiful and yummy!

3. She says mama, papa, gracias and te amo. Those last two are thank you and I love you. Could there be any 4 words any better to say at 13 months old!?!? When I was visiting in August I would always say "I love you, te amo" and my friend Amy C. teased me about my accent and trying to speak Spanish! ;- ) There will definitely have to be some phone calls back to Nana so she can hear the Spanish language the way its suppose to sound!

4. She "typed" to me jl222222 which, of coarse, made me cry! I kept the entire IM conversation and I'm gonna put her typing in the baby book! Yes, I am that mother! I told Nana jl222222 meant I love you Mommy and she agreed! :- ) Nana would tell me every time Isabella Faye was at the computer and I would type messages to her. Now, I know she couldn't understand them but it made me feel empowered! It was so nice to be actually "talking" to her.

I just feel totally overwhelmed and blessed to have been able to chat with Nana and I hope to do so again soon. It will also be wonderful when IF is home so we can keep Nana and the family up do date on IF. I will always love this family and they will forever be a part of our lives.

2 comments:

Gail said...

That is awesome about the typed message from IF!! My Johanna loves bananas too but only gets one every morning for breakfast. If you haven't tried them already, get some green bags. They keep produce a lot longer. Not that the bananas will last too long in your house anyway. LOL
Gail

Anonymous said...

Alright, so now I'm going to have to show my "no brain" off to you. I don't even know how in the world to IM here much less to another country. How wonderful this is that you have such a special relationship with your foster family. As for sweet IF I must admit that she's MUCH smarter than I. :) BTW..Don't let her know that her Future MIL is like this. :)

God Bless,
Kelly