Friday, August 15, 2008

Your third tidbit of sweet girl from my visit trip...


You may not be able to tell it by this picture but sweet girl is standing up.


Now, able to stand so well on her own, one would think she could walk...and she can, along the wall, holding onto furniture, etc. She can zoom around holding on to things.
But, when there's nothing to hold onto...
Picture this:
She gets up on her knees in front of me. I'm sitting on the floor, my leg stretched out in front of me. She places her hands on my leg and pushes herself to a standing position. There's one problem though, her legs are too far apart! So, she slings up her arms, palms outward like a field commander at the biggest band competition of the year and tries to keep her balance. She wobbles but quickly steadies herself. Then she looks down from leg to leg as though surmising her problem. She sighs. At this point, I reach out to take her hand to help her. She pushes my hand away, then slaps it-and yells at me. Something vaguely familiar...did I hear the boys in the back of Spanish 100 class snickering and whispering that...did she just cuss me in Spanish? Without my help, she makes an exaggerated move to bring one leg in. There's quite a clomp but she manages and then proceeds to bring in the other leg. At this point she's ready to take a step. She looks down, again surmising the situation. Mmmmmm she mutters. And-the step...like a Rockette in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade...and the fall...headlong into my now shaking because I'm laughing so hard-arms. A few kisses and giggles later she decides sitting my lap will work just fine. So for the next hour...that's exactly what we do!
Oh how I love this girl!

2 comments:

The Flores Family(Maria, Jose and Jose Luis) said...

Happy 1st b-day to your precious Isabella! SHe looks so precious!
Praying that you will see PINK soon!

the flores family

Susannah said...

Beth, if you want to see oh susannah crying, i'm doing it now. i remember how painful it was to see jenda's birhtday go by. it must be nice to see her picture on her birthday. that was such a painful day, just thinking of it hurts my heart and reminds me of all the tears that i shed while waiting for her. maybe that is where all of my tears went to..
IF sure is beautiful! Happy Birthday
Love you so very much, you two!
susannah