Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Today is Isabella Faye's birthday. She will be one. Her foster family will be celebrating her birthday this afternoon and will send pictures when the celebration is over.

I also plan to call and "talk" to Isabella Faye and wish her a happy birthday. With any luck she'll "talk" back but usually when she had the phone to her ear she just listens!

I let her have some of her presents early when I was visiting but the big ones she will get today. I can't wait to see pictures of her playing with them. I had so much fun shopping for her!

John and I will also be celebrating with a birthday cake in her honor at home tonight. And, when she gets home we are going to have a huge late birthday/welcome home celebration.

Stay tuned this evening for birthday pictures.

Please pray for us today also, as we are not with her on her b-day. As you know, I had to cut my visit short due to sickness and Hubby couldn't go because of the start of school. We miss her so and hate to miss this special day. But, sweet Nana Janeth reminded me that we will have a lifetime of celebrations with our sweet girl.

I'm so thankful for Nana and her crew of Isabella Faye fans!

Pray also for friends Amy and Chris and their daughter Mya. She turns one today as well. Unfortunately, due to some ridiculous setbacks and hold-ups, they are much behind where they should be in the process. My heart breaks for them today and I ask for your prayers for them today and that the rest of their process to bringing Mya home is swift!

Love you guys,

Beth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Isabella!!! Beth and John, we will be praying for you today. Stay strong! And remember God is with you guys and her today...and always!!!

Laurie Keen said...

Happy Birthday Isabella Faye!

I love hearing that great news!!! CONGRATS how exciting...let the count down begin sweetie!!!!

Hope you are feeling better....

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Carr Family said...

Since Giovanni is not home yet to wish his future bride a happy birthday (yes, I'm taking some liberty here, but a mama can dream, right?!?), the rest of the Carr family is singing at the top of their lungs. Hopefully you'll hear us in Kentucky and in Guatemala.

Feliz Cumpleanos, precious, precious girl.

Prayers for you and John as you continue to trust God's sovereignty. I know the pain of missed birthdays. But Nana is right, there will be many, many more to celebrate.