Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thank Him!

John's co-worker and our friend and neighbor Paige and her hubby have an adorable toddler named Morgan. The other day Paige e-mailed Hubby to share this story about Morgan, telling him this is what we have to look forward to when sweet girl comes home.



This story is so sweet, I had to share it!



From Paige:



Tonight, like most nights, Morgan said the prayer before we ate supper. I couldn't help but share it with you. I ran and got a pen and paper to write it down when she finished because it was so precious.



Thank you for my Mama and Daddy.

Thank you for this day.

Thank you for Aunt Kay.

Thank you for Aunt Shannon.

Thank you for my friends.

Thank you for letting me go to Aunt Kay's to play with my friends.

Thank you for my friends.

Amen.



In her innocence as a two-year-old, all she knows to do is thank Him. How precious. It reminded me that I should thank Him more.



____

What a lesson sweet Morgan teaches us! We so often go to God when we need something but how often do we remember to go to Him in the good times. I'm reminded of the story of the ten lepers that Jesus healed but only one thanked Him.



Luke 17:11-17 The Message

It happened that as he made his way toward Jerusalem, he crossed over the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he entered a village, ten men, all lepers, met him. They kept their distance but raised their voices, calling out, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!" Taking a good look at them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." One of them, when he realized that he was healed, turned around and came back, shouting his gratitude, glorifying God. He kneeled at Jesus' feet, so grateful. He couldn't thank him enough - and he was a Samaritan. Jesus said, "Were not ten healed? Where are the nine? Can none be found to come back and give glory to God except this outsider?" Then he said to him, "Get up. On your way. Your faith has healed and saved you."


Those other nine all cried out to God to heal them but once He did, they had no more use for Him.


I confess that during this process I have prayed and prayed-crying out to God until my voice was hoarse. There were times that Isabella Faye's homecoming was uncertain and I prayed like never before. But, once we would make it past a hurdle, I'd forget to thank God for getting us through.

I commit in the example of sweet Morgan, to do a better job of thanking my Great God and I encourage you to do the same!

Love you guys!

No comments: