Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catching up

I have much to catch up on! Let's start with last Wednesday...

I was pretty sick. I had canceled a morning babysitting job but had kept my afternoon one, thinking I would feel better. I was rocking the little baby and trying to dose while he slept. Well, out of my half-asleep stooper I heard the phone ring. I picked it up to answer it and right as I pushed "talk" I saw the name on the caller ID "Celebrate Children." Oh my gosh! It was our adoption agency! I tried to make small talk with our director but my voice was unsteady and would hardly come out! My mind was reeling and I couldn't think! I look back and laugh becuase I must have sounded so crazy! But finally, the news I'd been waiting for-our case had been approved by the PGN! PGN is the government agency in Guat. in charge of approving adoptions. Praise the Lord! This is the news we've been waiting for! Now we just wait for the new birth certificate with us listed as her parents and our last name and the 2nd DNA test (her mouth will be swabbed, they don't have to draw blood.) Then we'll get an appointment at the US Embassy with about a week's notice-book our flight, pack our bags and off to get our sweet girl and BRING HER HOME! All told this could take from 5-12 weeks.

Now on to Saturday. I left bright and early on Saturday morning to go visit my sweet girl for her birthday. She arrived that afternoon all smiles and laughter. We played and played and played some more! On Sunday we got up and went out and about in Antigua. She loved being outdoors and all the sights, sounds and smells of this beautiful land. We ate and explored and had a wonderful time! About 8 that night I threw up and it went downhill from there. I threw up for most of the night and by the time by beautiful baby woke up the next morning I was weak, disoriented and tired. I knew I couldn't give her the care she needed and being by myself, there was no one to call to help while I rested and got better. So, I had to call her foster mom to come back and get her. We had a wonderful visit with our foster mom and her friends. My sweet girl gave me the gift of a wonderful goodbye which I'll share more about when I'm feeling better.

Now I'm home and recovering from dehydration. But, I'm still quite tired and this has worn me out.

I'll post the pictures I've got when I get my camera cord to work!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Beth,
I am so sorry your visit had to be cut short. I hope you are better and getting lots of rest and hydration. Gotta be topnotch now because YOUR BABY GIRL IS COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carr Family said...

Beth,

Yuck! Get the rest you need now, because very, very soon that precious princess will be running amuck (is that really a word?) in her new home! Love you bunches. Can't wait to hear about the precious and special good-bye and see new pictures.

Candi said...

So sorry you've been sick...hope you're well very soon!! I am so happy for you guys Beth:) I can not wait to meet Isabella Faye!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth,
I was soooo sorry to hear about you getting sick but, was glad to see that you were able to spend some precious time with your sweetie. I too can't wait to hear about your precious good-bye.
Praying for a quick PINK like uhhh 5 weeks. How's that??

God Bless,
Kelly