Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Own

As I was rocking Isabella Faye recently, she reached up and wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek. Then she just lay there like that, her cheek on mine.

It is my tradition as I rock her each night to pray. I pray for a multitude of things but my prayer always begins with thanks to God for her. That night as she lay so sweetly hugging me, I thought about all the people who have asked are you going to have one of your own?

Now I know most don't mean anything by it. What they are asking is will we attempt to concieve biological children but it pains me everytime I hear it.

Then the other day we were shopping and a lady said "so is she your for real or is she adopted?" I was stunned, sickened, furious...I had the compulsion to cover IF's ears when I remembered that, for now, she doesn't understand...

Oh, she is every bit my very own, through adoption, I replied.

Now I know what she meant was, did you give birth to her or is she adopted, but the way people word that question, hurts me every time.

Isabella Faye is every bit my own. She is my miracle, my gift from God. My love for her is tangible. It is deep, profound and unconditional. I could love no one more, besides my Heavenly Father then I do Isabella Faye. (I'll put in a plug for here for Daddy! I love him in a different way.)

Long, long ago he (God) decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) ~ Ephesians 1:5 The Message

God is the creator of adoption. All that are Christians, that have accepted Jesus as their savior, have been adopted by God! Through God's supernatural power, We are all His very own.

God's supernatural power soars through all adoptions. God weaves His supernatural power through the hearts of adopted children and thier parents. This power binds us just as strong as biology and blood.

1 comment:

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

I know how you feel. I haven't adopted (yet) but feel the same when with my stepdaughter and ppl asking...

I don't understand why ppl make a difference between adopted and biological children...

Hang in there