Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trusting in chariots and horses no more!


1 May the Lord answer you when you are in trouble. May the God of Jacob keep you safe. 2 May he send you help from the sacred tent. May he give you aid from Zion. 3 May he remember all of your sacrifices. May he accept your burnt offerings. Selah 4 May he give you what your heart longs for. May he make all of your plans succeed. 5 We will shout with joy when you win the battle. We will lift up our flags in the name of our God. May the Lord give you everything you ask for.

6 Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed king. He answers him from his holy heaven. The power of God's right hand saves the king. 7 Some trust in chariots. Some trust in horses. But we trust in the Lord our God. 8 They are brought to their knees and fall down. But we get up and stand firm. 9 Lord, save the king! Answer us when we call out to you! Psalm 20:1-9 NIrV


I have too long trusted in chariots and horses! Throughout this adoption, I have held on too tight. I have given little bits to God, and taken them back! I have trusted in myself. I trusted rumors and speculation. I have trusted forums and chats. Now, don't get me wrong, the forums and chats are a God-send. I know God uses them to give me comfort, strength and forever friendships. But I can't put all my stock in them or anything else. Only God can bring our family together.

Some trust in chariots, some trust in horses, but from this day forward, I will trust in the Lord my God! He is Isabella Faye's loving Father-who loves her more than I imagine. I will trust Him to see that the very best is given to Isabella Faye. Oh how I hope that means coming home to us, but the bottom line is, I will trust Him either way.

No comments: