Monday, May 19, 2008

God's decree: There's hope for your children!

13 Young women will dance and be happy, young men and old men will join in. I'll convert their weeping into laughter, lavishing comfort, invading their grief with joy. 14 I'll make sure that their priests get three square meals a day and that my people have more than enough.'" God's Decree. 15 Again, God's Message: "Listen to this! Laments coming out of Ramah, wild and bitter weeping. It's Rachel weeping for her children, Rachel refusing all solace. Her children are gone, gone - long gone into exile." 16 But God says, "Stop your incessant weeping, hold back your tears. Collect wages from your grief work." God's Decree. "They'll be coming back home! 17 There's hope for your children." God's Decree. Jeremiah 31:13-17 The Message

Friends, when I read on Friday the rumor than birthmothers might be being bribed to take back thier children, I lost all hope. Never before have I felt so completely hopeless-helpless. Utter misery like I've never known soared through my body landing squarely in my heart. Scared and needing help, I turned to the Bible. Ever since the Lord has been bringing so much to light for me. Today he gave me lots of scripture from Job but He gave me the above scripture to share with you. We have wild and bitter weeping. We refuse all solace, crying for our children. God is hearing our cries. There is hope for our children! Friends, I know some days you hurt so bad you could die. I'm right there with you. But please know that God loves us and our children. He wants whats best for them and He'll make that happen.

1 comment:

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Beth,
Thanks for the comment on our blog. I remember far too well the waiting it was hard then and things in Guatemala weren't nearly as crazy as they are now! I too turned to God's holy word. For some reason, I got alot from the book of Job. Job never lost faith and he was given all kinds of tradgedy.....so hang in there. God has a plan and He won't let you down.
Becky T.