Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Weekend Prayer Party!

Okay, here is the long awaited post on my weekend with 4 other ladies adopting from our agency, Celebrate Children International. Normally I'm right on top of the blog but Sunday is my crazy busy day and yesterday was crazy too! Lucky for you, Tuesday is my day off and I am currently ignoring chores to update my blog!

This past Friday, I welcomed friends Susannah and Lisa into my home for the night. Susannah is such an incredible Christian. And Lisa has faced some recent tragedy, finding out that her adoption of KelliAnna Marie would not go through. Lisa has been so brave and strong. She is an inspiration! These women make me want to be a better person! After eating mexican and staying up way too late talking and praying, we went to bed and got up early the next morning to to head to Lexington to meet friends Betsy, Stacy and Kathy. We hadn't thought to get Kathy's cell phone number so we missed her : (. But we are going to make sure to include her next time!

I had traveled to Guatemala to visit Isabella Faye at the same time that Stacy and Betsy had gone to see thier children. Let me tell you, meeting our children together, giving them back, together...we bonded on a deep level. Seeing those girls was overwhelming! I had missed them so much! We were sad that our other travel buddy Lori couldn't be there but she lives in Florida!

We had such an awesome time! We laughed and laughed and prayed and cried and at the end of it all, for the first time in weeks, my stomach didn't hurt. My heart didn't race. Oh what sweet peace the Lord gave us that special day! Even now as I wait to hear we are out of PGN, I have peace and hope!

God gave me complete peace in Guatemala on my visit, that Isabella Faye is coming home. But, in my humaness, sometimes I still worry! God used this day to remind me of his promise of peace! Thank you Lord for giving me this ladies who I love so much!

I can't seem to load pictures right now but I'll post them soon!

5 comments:

Carr Family said...

Jealous of your time together! When is the van headed to the West Coast?!?

Got "God-bumps" as I read your post and your prayer. Joining you in petitioning His throne. May we rejoice and laugh as God works miracles on our behalf!

Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you had such a great time together. Praying for these children and there OUTS in the next 2 wks.
God Bless,
Kelly

BTW: I can't wait to throw rolls with you.

Debbie said...

I am so glad you all had a great time!!! I love hearing about your trip!!

God bless you all!
Debbie

Nikki said...

I've seen the pics on Susannah's blog! Wow, you gals really had a fabulous time-- I really enjoy hearing about your weekend! I have to admit that I'm a little jealous, too! Well, maybe not just teeny tiny, but you know what I mean :) You gals are wonderful, I really wish I could get to know you more.

Your daughter is soo precious. I pray for an OUT soon!

HUGS

Julie (Bailey and Gavin's Mommy !) said...

What a blessed weekend... though I wasnt there in person, I was thre in spirit !
God Bless-
Julie