Thursday, August 6, 2009

One year ago today...

One year ago today,we got out of PGN. I'm copying my post of that news:

I was pretty sick. I had canceled a morning babysitting job but had kept my afternoon one, thinking I would feel better. I was rocking the little baby and trying to dose while he slept. Well, out of my half-asleep stooper I heard the phone ring. I picked it up to answer it and right as I pushed "talk" I saw the name on the caller ID "Celebrate Children." Oh my gosh! It was our adoption agency! I tried to make small talk with our director but my voice was unsteady and would hardly come out! My mind was reeling and I couldn't think! I look back and laugh because I must have sounded so crazy! But finally, the news I'd been waiting for-our case had been approved by the PGN! PGN is the government agency in Guat. in charge of approving adoptions. Praise the Lord! This is the news we've been waiting for! Now we just wait for the new birth certificate with us listed as her parents and our last name and the 2nd DNA test (her mouth will be swabbed, they don't have to draw blood.) Then we'll get an appointment at the US Embassy with about a week's notice-book our flight, pack our bags and off to get our sweet girl and BRING HER HOME! All told this could take from 5-12 weeks.

In the end, the process from PGN approval to coming home was about 14 weeks... However, it was all down-hill from that day!

Tonight we celebrated at our favorite local restaurant! Below is a picture of IF sporting her PGN out anniversary outfit (thanks Aunt Betsy!)



Isabella Faye is a precious gift from God. I love her more than I ever knew possible. She is the light of our lives and a dream come true. If only there were words to properly thank my Great Father God for my precious daughter, I would speak them everyday!

No comments: