Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday!





Today we celebrate our precious Isabella Faye's birthday. I am in awe of a God who packages new life in such precious form! I feel so thankful for 3 visit trips so I was able to, at least somewhat, watch Isabella Faye grow up. Certainly in the last 9 months since she's been home we have watched her blossom from a baby to a funny, smart, energetic, outgoing toddler.
There are days that the pain of missing most of her first 15 months brings me to sickness and tears. I feel defeated as she turns 2, becomes a toddler when I missed so much of her being a baby.
But then she laughs, or hugs me close, or makes a silly face or toots and blames Daddy and my bitterness and sadness is replaced with joy.
Today, albeit a little sad, I celebrate and praise God for this precious girl...for her health and development, for her giggle, for her smile and her dimples...for her chubby little hands signing drink as she slurps loudly!
I thank God for when she covers her mouth and laughs...for when she throws her head back and laughs...for when she slaps her leg and laughs!
I celebrate her budding vocabulary and her ever developing mind.
I am in awe of her unconditional, totally trusting love for me.
I am in awe that God loves me this much.
Happy birthday my sweet, sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY ISABELL FAYE!! I hope your day was extra special like you are. Have fun celebrating with your wonderful mommmy and daddy.
Love you,
Kelly

Dawn Overton said...

I am sure this bday was a WONDERFUL one to celebrate!! Just think...Many, many more to come. She is precious and a gift that gives more and more everyday I am sure!!