Friday, August 28, 2009

Bittersweet

Today was a day full of emotional ups and downs, a very bittersweet day.

I had the privilege of spending last night and today with my faux mom, Betsy and her amazing family. Unfortunately, my visit was to offer comfort and attend the funeral of her wonderful mother.

"Tice" as Isabella Faye called her, prayed as though for her own child, when praying Isabella Faye home. She was a kind, fun woman who loved Cracker B. as much as Isabella Faye do, and we ate there tonight in her honor. Please pray for her family in the coming weeks and months as they learn there new life without her. I praise God that, because they have excepted Jesus as their Savior, this is not the end of their time with Tice. They will see her again in Heaven someday! But, for now, they will miss her, and I hope you will join me in praying for their comfort and peace.

Tonight when we got home, we found a card from Isabella Faye's precious foster family. Enclosed was a beautiful sewn cloth wishing Isabella Faye a Happy Birthday. As happy as I was to receive this gift, I cried tears deep longing to see this family again, to thank them again, to see Nana Janeth and Isabella Faye share a hug and a sweet smile. There is no end to my gratitude to this family for loving Isabella Faye like their very own and for doing all they could to make our 15 month wait more bearable. I tell Isabella Faye of them and their love, every day. Pray for Nana and their family as they miss Isabella Faye and pray that we will be able to see them again soon.




No comments: