Friday, January 8, 2010

FFF-Grandparents

This week's Favorite Foto Friday theme is Grandparents. Isabella Faye's grandmother died when I was 11. She was the most amazing woman who battled a terminal illness with grace and dignity. She was my very best friend. We did everything together. In the eleven years we had, she taught me to cook just about any breakfast imaginable. By 5 I could microwave bacon and by 9, I could cook a complete breakfast by myself. (Too bad she didn't have time to teach me lunch and dinner!)
Mom taught me so much about so many things, without me even realising she was. Even now, as I parent my precious baby girl, I am reminded of things that Mom said and did. She taught me patience, grace, manners, thoughtfullness and how to read, write and sing. She was the kindest, funniest person I have ever known!
I miss her so much and so many times feel lost without her help as I try to be the parent I should be. If I am half the parent she was, my daughter will be in good hands!
When choosing a name for our child, Hubby and I knew from the beginning we would use Mom's name, Faye.
Isn't it so God that Isabella Faye is just as spunky and hilarious as my sweet Mom was!


I wish I had more pictures of me and my dear momma. Unfortunatly, most were destroyed in a fire. Thankfully, God has etched her face in my memory and her legacy lives on in the sweet little girl who bares her name and her spirit.

5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Your post brought me to tears! WHat a special mom you had & I'm sure you will do every bit as good as her-after all, she gave you much of who you are today!

Hannah said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mother. So special. My daddy passed away when I was 10 so I understand the pride, love and loss you feel.

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd love to congratulate you for such a great quality site!
I was sure this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/western-party-supplies.html]western Party Supplies[/url].

Melinda said...

What a touching post! Sorry to hear about your mom and losing those pictures in a fire. Doesn't seem fair. Your daughter is beautiful and I think its sweet you named her after your mom!

Mama Monkey said...

Way to make me blubber. Your mother is beautiful. You look so much like her. Oh, my, you got me this time.

Thanks for sharing this with us.