Monday, June 8, 2009

My Mom

On this day in 1992, my mother, my hero, Rita Faye, died. Usually on this day I'm very sad. This year, I am sad...but when I look into the face of my daughter, Isabella Faye, I am comforted. As I mother her, my mother is always with me. I am reminded of all the things she said and did to make my childhood so great. Every single day, I am reminded of my mother in everything I do/say/am as a mother. My mother is with me more now then she has since she died. I am so immeasurably thankful to my great God who allows me to feel her presence and her spirit as I mother Isabella Faye. If I am half the mother she was, IF will be just fine!

I don't have any pictures of her on my computer but I'll scan some tomorrow at Aunt K's to share with you.

Tonight enjoy a picture of our living Faye, who I tell about her Gram Faye every day.

1 comment:

Sammie said...

I love you, Beth. I'm thinking about you this month (and always). Big hugs to you and your beautiful little girl!